Wednesday, December 05, 2012

A WONDERFUL TRIP! (PUERTO PRINCESA FAMILY AFFAIR)



Long before the Underground river was declared part of the seven wonders of nature, even before the onset of information technology, Palawan has been one of my dream must go place. I can’t remember how and why it started but I have longed to set foot on this island as far as my memory can recall.





The first time I even planned of visiting the place was back in 2007. With the “PISO” fare by Cebu Pacific and other airlines promo fare, it has become more feasible. I had to put the plan on hold though for various reasons, like, I don’t have my own digital camera then to capture a dream unfolding into reality; it was harder to do research then because I don’t have my own personal internet access; I didn’t have enough resources to cover for the travel expenses. Looking back, I would say that my excuses we’re all lame, “excuses” indeed! I guess what really prompted me to come up with such is my emotional state. Yes someone from Palawan broke my heart (corny now!) but didn’t successfully shattered the dream after all! I just had to delay it.

When the opportunity to book a cheap flight came, I was lucky enough to book not only for myself but for the whole family. And to the core of my heart I didn’t feel no pang of pain at the thought of invading an ex’s territory, nothing but excitement! And I happily thought I have finally moved on 10 years after (Thank goodness!)

This  year I have overbooked travel flights. From the two trips a year that I indulge myself to four trips this year and next year. Never mind asking what I have sacrificed to make it happen. But the pain of waiting for the next trip didn’t become any lesser.  I have succumbed to my daily routine with great anticipation to the happening of something wonderful.

Everything fell into place, from tickets to accommodation, from office vacation leave to the weather. The universe must have heard my heart and conspired to my favor! (The alchemist lang!).  Everything about Palawan is wonderful! The city within a forest as they say, one will be amazed at how they made a living by taking care of nature, by preserving their forest and marine life. The people are warm, friendly and diverse; you will be surprised to know that your boatman is from Davao, that the trike driver is from Cebu, etc.  The place is filled with plenty of activities to choose from, you just have to choose which would fit your budget and time.

The highlight of the trip is the Underground River, dubbed as one of 7 wonders of nature, it is a must for Filipinos to get to experience it. You don’t need a visa or show money to see one of the worlds’ best.  It’s something we can be proud of, and be thankful for!  I was in awe at the sight of it, and I was even gladder that I was with my family when I get to experience it. The gratitude I heard from my mama which she repeatedly said even after she got home to our province is more than enough to make my heart whole again.

My family’s Puerto Princesa affair is such a wonderful trip!

2 comments:

San Josenyong Gala said...

You should also try El Nido Maam!

Palawan is blessed with a very beautiful nature. Napakaswerte po nating mga nakarating na doon... :)

margarette said...

Yes! I was suppose to go to El nido last October but the plan didn't materialize. I will definitely go there...El Nido is on top of my bucketlist for next year. Thanks for the suggestion and for dropping by my page. :)