Friday, February 17, 2012

No Other TRIP ....... ( the Clark - Subic misadventure)




the poolside at our subic resort

The misadventure is brought about by the erroneous presumption that CLARK and SUBIC are one! Truly it was an honest mistake that I only learned the moment I was already there. And then things started to sink in, this after all is the reason why I couldn't get a straight answer from the people I ask information from. Some would tell me the place is just one and a half hour from Pasay Victory liner terminal some would say four hours, I had few conversations with a relative based in Angeles City which only lead to more confusion, only now did I realize that I have used Subic and Clark interchangeably on those interactions. Of course I googled the place even created a map of our Itinerary but was not that conscious of the distance at all (next time, I have to remind myself that google map is nth thousand times smaller than the actual distance heheheh). Nevertheless, a trip will always be a trip, always an enriching and wonderful experience. 



The first and most evident consequence of my mistake is the travel from the festival site and our resort. No matter what I do I surely wouldn't get a place near Clark because I was searching for Subic resorts the whole time, so we had to travel another one and a half hour to get  to our place of slumber. The trip from Clark to Subic reminds me of the blockbuster movie "NO OTHER WOMAN" -ours was an encounter between two equally beautiful place each promising to offer one great gest!

CLARK is the mistress. Hot! As in hotair balloon? :) As in literally hot because we were there most of the day.  Feisty, like it knows what it got and is not afraid to flaunt it. Clark is the venue for the 17th hotair balloon festival and I say, it's the perfect place for the event, the field is so vast, it's near the air force air base, it's got a lot of hotels and pensione houses for people coming from other places and it's accessible to everyone (it's just a couple of hours trip from Manila and it's got its own international airport too). I hate to say this but in my heart I must, In contrast to Subic, Clark is a bit topsy-turvy, especially outside Clarkfield. It can get very demanding too, so don't jump in easily (talking about the tricycle drivers and taxi drivers) apply some negotiation strategy. But after all those strong and positive adjectives, within Clark is a desolate place, somehow you'd feel that afterall the euphoria brought about by the event in the end it will still be left deserted. 

SUBIC the wife. The one we go home to, to sleep at night. Just to sleep at night after all the delightful rendezvous whole day. Subic is self-assured and confident! Even if there's not much going on in there (at least as far as I know!) at that moment, still you would see lots of tourists both local and international. It is enticing because here you would find comfort from the beautiful resorts, to the well disciplined people (special mention to their color coded jeepneys and neatly uniformed drivers). The place is very clean and somehow, I feel I would be secured just roaming around the place. It's like a modestly decorated box full of lavish surprises :)  

In the end, a big realization sprung from a small mistake. CLARK is in Angeles City, Pampanga and SUBIC is in Olongapo City, Pampanga.  You don't mess with these two beauties unless you have enough time or you will end up wanting for more.... and indeed I want more! I'll definitely be coming back to SUBIC and Subic alone to get to know it better and experience it more. CLARK, I’ll be coming back for more of your hotness too, I vow to witness yet another HOTAIR BALLOON FESTIVAL soon. Looking forward!

No comments: