Sunday, February 05, 2012

I am going back to SAMAR - LEYTE


"If I pass the Radtech licensure exams, you all will get an all expense paid Leyte tour" a board mate uttered these words 12 years ago and few months after it came true. I was in college then, looking back I wasn't as excited as I am now whenever I get to book a trip, for one I have a scheduled examinations after that weekend, another reason is I don't have the allowance to spend for a trip (although "cacai" spent for our fare, accommodation, food, and tour I didn't want to go empty handed). I'm glad my Ate came to the rescue, she gave me 500.00 as an allowance and hurriedly, I packed my things and forget the scheduled exam. 

The trip was fun! Me and my board mates were able to meet cacai's friends from school (CDU group) who are as friendly as we were...we all bonded together as if we've known each other for quite sometime already, no one was "KJ". From Cebu Pier 4 we took a ship to I really don't know which part of Leyte (wasn't that curious about places then...I was always looking forward to the final destination) we were fetch by an L300 and were transported to Abuyog, Leyte Cacai's hometown. We had few shots of tequila which to me was just "mani" then; now, I can't take hard drinks anymore. 

The next day was LEYTE- SAMAR TOUR DAY, we went to TOLOSA, Leyte where we got a glimpse of the ancestral home's of the RUMUALDEZ', then to PALO, LEYTE where the historical Monument of General Douglas McArthur lies. We also went to STO. NINO SHRINE which somewhat looks like Malacanang Palace, and ofcourse the famous SAN JUANICO BRIDGE connecting Samar and Leyte. We also had a quick city tour passing by UP Tacloban and Divine World - Tacloban. 

During that time digital camera was still an imagination so what we had are the regular camera's with big flash and 36 shots film. No chance of editing the pictures before it could become public, before it is printed. The pictures in San Juanico bridge were very bad, it was like we just had our pictures taken at some road and so are the pictures in McArthur's park. As a whole that trip was an Experience that is worth keeping  in my lifetime. 12 years after, I still remember how it was! In my memory, I still can picture the beauty of Samar and Leyte.... I wish I could go back... few months from now, it may come true!

No comments: